Prolonged drug abuse can lead to many negative effects on someone’s health, finances, and social well-being. When a person is struggling with addiction, it is best for them to seek out experienced professionals to ensure that they can safely and successfully recover. Luckily, there is substance abuse treatment available that can help you reach your goals. If you are looking for drug addiction treatment in North Carolina, Tree House Recovery offers holistic programs that help heal the patient’s mind, body, and soul.
At Tree House Recovery, our team of experienced addiction experts utilize various evidence-based treatments in order to ensure long-lasting sobriety. We work closely with each patient and their family in order to create a comprehensive program that addresses not just the physical aspect of addiction but the emotional and spiritual aspects as well. If you or a loved one is in need of help recovering from substance abuse, contact us at 910.812.1728 today to learn more about what we can offer.
When Is It Time to Enter a Drug Rehab Program?
The long-term abuse of drugs can cause irreparable damage to the brain and body. Some effects of prolonged substance abuse are dependent on the type of drug being taken and the method of delivery. However, the use of substances alters the brain’s chemical balance, which can result in impaired cognitive function and even permanent brain cell death.
In order to prevent these negative effects, it is important to be wary of the symptoms of drug abuse. While the effects of addiction can vary depending on the substance being abused, a few signs to look out for are:
- Taking a drug in a way other than it was prescribed, either by increasing the dosage or frequency or by continuing to take it after the medical cause has already been resolved
- Being unable to fulfill responsibilities at home, in school, or at work due to substance use
- Inexplicable changes in their sleeping and eating patterns
- Neglecting their personal hygiene and appearance
- Changes in personality, such as withdrawing from family and friends, losing interest in previously enjoyable activities, lack of motivation, becoming secretive, mood swings, irritability, aggression, or depression
- Financial difficulty due to spending too much money on substances, which can lead to stealing or other risky behavior
Once someone begins abusing substances, it is best to seek help as soon as possible in order to prevent the damage that addiction can cause to their mind, body, and relationships. Entering a drug rehab program is the best way for someone struggling with addiction to achieve recovery and have a healthier, sober future.
What Happens in a Drug Addiction Treatment Program?
When a patient enters a drug addiction treatment program, the typical process follows the steps below:
- The first step is an assessment done by the staff of the rehab facility. This is done in order to identify which treatments are most effective for the particular client’s case.
- The next step would be to detox the patient’s body of all substances. This stage would depend greatly on the type of substance that was being abused, as well as if there are any co-occurring disorders or if multiple substances were being abused at the same time. Detox facilities will ensure the patient’s safety and maximize their comfort.
- Once detox has been completed, the bulk of the work of recovery will begin. The patient will undergo various forms of therapy in order to address the root causes of their addiction. They will also learn valuable life skills that will help them maintain a sober lifestyle.
- Recovery is a life-long process, and aftercare is an essential element of relapse prevention. Participation in support groups can not only provide continuing guidance outside of treatment but can also present an opportunity for patients to give back through mentoring others in early recovery.
Recovering from addiction may seem like a daunting task, but with the proper guidance and support, it is possible to achieve abstinence and a healthier future.
Find Drug Addiction Treatment in North Carolina from Tree House Recovery
At Tree House Recovery, we believe in a holistic approach to drug addiction treatment. Our outpatient programs are carefully designed to achieve a healthy mind, body, and spirit. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, contact us at 910.812.1728 or reach out online to learn about our programs.