Substance use issues don’t occur in a vacuum. There are underlying factors that can contribute to a person’s addiction. Providing care that supports the physical, social, and mental aspects of recovery is an essential part of the healing process. Tree House Recovery’s mental health treatment program in North Carolina provides holistic treatment in a supportive setting so that clients can build the healthy coping skills they need for lasting recovery.
Tree House’s focus on building strength while connecting with others in recovery is essential for long-term success. Our team of licensed therapists, counselors, and addiction specialists creates an environment where clients can develop meaningful relationships while getting healthy.
If you’re ready to learn more about our mental health treatment program, call 910.812.1728 or reach out online today. A new chapter awaits.
Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
There’s a clear connection between mental health and substance use disorders. Often, pre-existing mental health concerns can be a driving force behind substance use issues. For example, someone struggling with depression may turn to alcohol or drugs in an attempt to find relief. While substance use can temporarily mask the symptoms of depression, it can also make mental health issues worse in the long run.
On the other hand, substance use issues can also lead to mental health concerns. Long-term dependence on drugs or alcohol can cause changes in the brain and increase a person’s risk for mental health problems.
Mental Health Issues That Can Co-Occur with Addiction
What type of mental health issues can co-occur with addiction? It depends on the individual, but some common examples include:
- Anxiety – A pervasive feeling of dread, fear, or unease that can be overwhelming
- Depression – Feelings of sadness and hopelessness that can interfere with daily life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – Reoccurring thoughts or flashbacks related to a traumatic event
Often, past trauma can contribute to addiction. Acts of violence, abuse, natural disasters, car accidents, and other life-changing events can have a profound impact on someone’s mental health. Through therapy that addresses the underlying trauma, those in recovery can start to experience true healing.
Our Mental Health Treatment Program
What can you expect from Tree House’s mental health treatment program? Our goal is to create a safe and supportive environment where clients can learn healthy coping skills. For those who struggle with both mental health concerns and addiction, integrated treatment is essential. Without addressing both issues, recovery can be difficult to sustain.
Our mental health treatment program includes access to:
- Individual therapy – Working one-on-one with a licensed therapist or counselor can provide the support and understanding needed to make lasting changes.
- Group therapy – Connecting with others who are on a similar journey can be incredibly healing. Clients can share their experiences, build meaningful relationships, and learn valuable skills
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of therapy helps to address negative thought patterns and behaviors that may be perpetuating addiction
- Exercise therapy – Research shows that physical activity is essential for well-being. Exercise can help to reduce stress, boost mood, and improve overall health.
Every step of the way, you’ll have access to our compassionate mental health and addiction specialists. Our team is dedicated to helping clients achieve sustainable recovery.
Get in Touch with Tree House Recovery Today
Mental health and addiction are complex issues that deserve serious attention. Lasting recovery starts with quality care and support.
At Tree House Recovery, we take a holistic approach to mental health treatment. By addressing both mental health and substance use, we can help to create a foundation for success. If you’re ready to learn more about our mental health treatment program, call us at 910.812.1728 or reach out online today.