In thinking about trauma, it’s easy to associate it only with experiences like combat or natural disasters. But trauma occurs in a variety of ways. Trauma can be physical, psychological, and emotional. It can include everything from the aftermath of an accident or a major life transition such as divorce or job loss to bullying or physical and sexual abuse. It can be difficult to know how trauma has affected you without the help of a professional counselor, and for those struggling with addiction, not recognizing and addressing the trauma can be a hindrance to recovery.
At Tree House Recovery, our trauma therapy program is designed to help our clients identify and address trauma in a safe, supportive environment. Our experienced counselors use evidence-based approaches to help clients process their experiences and create a plan to move forward. We recognize that trauma can manifest itself in different ways, and its effects can last long after the initial event has passed. In our holistic treatment center, you’ll find support, understanding, and the tools you need to heal.
Call 910.812.1728 today to learn more about our trauma therapy program in North Carolina.
Understanding the Need for Trauma Therapy
Trauma can cause lasting changes to the way you think and feel, leading to difficulty regulating emotions, strained relationships, and negative coping mechanisms. For many of those who struggle with addiction, trauma is a significant factor, often leading to substance use as a form of self-medication.
A past traumatic event might not seem significant in the present, but understanding its impact can be crucial to long-term recovery. That’s why our trauma therapy program is a key part of our treatment plan. Through our trauma counseling program, we help clients recognize and work through the trauma that has been limiting them in their lives.
Common forms of trauma include:
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic violence or partner abuse
- Natural disasters
- Combat or military service
Whether a traumatic event happened recently or years ago, the effects can linger. That’s why it’s important to have a safe and supportive environment for exploring and addressing trauma.
What to Expect in Our Trauma Therapy Program
At Tree House Recovery, our trauma therapy program helps create an environment of acceptance and understanding. We recognize that everyone’s experience with trauma is unique, and we create individualized plans to help our clients work through their trauma.
Some of the topics you might explore in our trauma therapy program include:
- Understanding the impact of your trauma – Our counselors help clients recognize and explore the emotions they have been feeling since their traumatic experience.
- Learning healthy coping strategies – Clients can learn to identify triggers and practice constructive ways to deal with them.
- Developing tools to manage emotions – Through trauma therapy, clients can learn to regulate their emotions and gain better control over their lives.
- Establishing healthy relationships – Our counselors provide guidance and support to help clients develop positive relationships.
- Creating a plan for long-term recovery – We help clients understand the importance of continuing treatment even after completing our trauma therapy program.
As part of our comprehensive treatment plan, we also offer specialized trauma treatment for veterans. Our veteran-specific program is designed to address the particular experiences and needs of those who have served.
Get in Touch with the Tree House Recovery Team to Learn More
Ready to learn more about our trauma therapy program in North Carolina? Get in touch with the Tree House Recovery team today. We’re here to answer any questions you might have and provide you with the support and resources you need to start your journey toward recovery.
Call us today at 910.812.1728 or reach out online to get started.