Are you or a loved one struggling with substance abuse? If you’ve been looking into professional help, you may wonder what life skills training for substance abuse prevention entails. Tree House Recovery NC offers this type of training, which can be incredibly beneficial throughout all stages of addiction treatment. Call 910.812.1728 to speak with someone from the caring and compassionate team at Tree House about our life skills training program for drug abuse prevention in Wilmington, North Carolina.
What Is Life Skills Training?
Life skills training is a type of therapy that teaches individuals how to cope with life’s stressors and make responsible decisions. These skills can include the following:
- Problem-solving – Learning to identify, analyze and constructively resolve problems
- Coping strategies – Identifying appropriate coping techniques for stress, anger, anxiety, and other emotions
- Interpersonal skills – Building social skills such as communication, assertiveness, and more
- Decision-making – Developing the ability to weigh consequences and make healthy choices
- Self-awareness – Understanding one’s behavior, emotions, and values
At our North Carolina center, we integrate this type of training into our addiction treatment programs to provide patients with the tools they need to overcome addiction and live fulfilling lives.
How Does Life Skills Training for Substance Abuse Prevention Work?
Our trained therapists conduct life skills training in both group and individual settings. During these sessions, patients are taught to practice healthy social interactions and coping mechanisms and recognize and prevent relapse. By learning and practicing these skills, individuals are better equipped to deal with challenges and triggers that can lead to relapse.
Often, life skills training is recommended as part of a more comprehensive and customized treatment plan. Other modalities often combined with life skills training include the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI) therapy
- Family therapy
- Individual counseling
We understand that everyone’s journey to lasting sobriety looks different. That’s why our treatment plans are tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs.
Benefits of Undergoing Life Skills Training for Drug Abuse Prevention
Life skills training for substance abuse prevention offers many benefits. The advantages of this type of life skills training include the following:
- Reducing relapse rates – Life skills training helps to decrease the chances of relapse by giving individuals the necessary coping tools.
- Building interpersonal relationships – Learning to communicate and build healthy relationships is crucial to recovery.
- Enhancing problem-solving skills – Life skills training teaches individuals to find solutions to issues in a healthy and productive manner.
- Creating a sense of self-worth – Individuals can increase their self-esteem and confidence by learning to practice self-care.
- Building a strong support system – During life skills training, patients learn how to create a supportive social network that can help them stay accountable and motivated throughout recovery.
At Tree House Recovery NC, we strive to provide patient-focused care and support. Our life skills training program for drug abuse prevention in Wilmington, North Carolina, is designed to equip individuals with the tools to stay sober and build a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
Find Life Skills Training for Substance Abuse Prevention in North Carolina at Tree House Recovery NC
Life skills training is a vital component of any addiction treatment program. The skills learned during these sessions can help individuals maintain sobriety and live fulfilling lives long after completing rehab. Suppose you or a loved one is seeking addiction treatment in North Carolina. In that case, look no further than Tree House Recovery NC. We offer life skills training for drug abuse prevention as a part of our comprehensive addiction treatment plans. Contact Tree House today at 910.812.1728 to speak with someone from our caring and compassionate team and begin your journey toward recovery.