Melissa is driven by a passion to help others. She’s earned two degrees in psychology, finished a physician’s assistant program, and has spent 18 years working in many roles related to substance abuse, including as a counselor and psychiatrist at emergency rooms, inpatient, and outpatient facilities, as a crisis intervention specialist, and as a case manager.
Melissa’s specialty is helping patients overcome mental and medical obstacles so that they can pursue their maximum potential. In addition to overcoming obstacles, her approach focuses on helping patients achieve short- and long-term goals to improve their physical, mental, or social health.
- Psychology B.A., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Psychology M.A., East Carolina University
- Physician assistant license., Knoxville South College
- Health Care Management M.B.A., University of North Carolina
- 18 years experience working in mental health